Monday, August 8, 2011

Rex Zero, the Great Pretender by Tim Wynne-Jones

Rex Zero, the Great Pretender
Tim Wynne-Jones
Farrar, Straus and Giroux
2010

Do you want to read a book that has a lot of mysteries and keeps you guessing what will happen next? That is what happens when you read “Rex (the great pretender)" in which the main character is Rex. He is the youngest of his sister and two brothers. A lot of things happen in this book but the main one is that Rex moves and he wants to go to the same school so every morning he rode his bike to his old school. Then he had to collect money so he could ride the bus because his mom got suspicious. I like how the author wrote the book because it is in first person and that makes it so you can see and hear what the character is seeing and hearing ,and it gives you a since of the place it’s set. I also like it because you can see what is happening though the whole story. I would recommend this book for kids all ages because it is a good book because it has a lot of ups and downs. I compare this book to me because I had to move and I did not want to.

Reviewed by Issac 7th Grade