Monday, August 8, 2011

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy
Ally Carter
Hyperion
2007

Cammie, short for Cameron, is a 15 year old girl. She is seeking to find adventure at her all-girl spy school, Gallagher Academy. After a mission to Washington D.C., the headmistress, Cammie’s mom, decides to bring boys from Blackthorne Academy to train with the Gallagher girls. When they have an enemy in their hands, will Cammie, Macey, Bex, and Liz, all roommates, figure out all the mysteries?
Carter writes in a mysterious way that makes you want to keep reading. The mood/tone in most of the book is happy, mysterious, and at times humorous. When a new part of the book comes, you don’t always expect what’s coming. I would recommend this book to 5th-8th grade girls, because it’s a fun book that deals with crushes and girl stuff. Carter wrote this book in a series of three books. The books are, I’d Tell You I Love You, Then I’d Have to Kill You; Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy; and Don’t Judge a Girl By Her Cover. I really liked this book, and hope you enjoy it.

Reviewed by Analise 7th Grade